Marketing Operations Manager
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 39 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning and shaping the public & policy conversations on the future of education and work. The team is broken down into four areas: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focusing on making Coursera a globally recognized brand, attracting students to degree programs, bringing new customers to Coursera for Business, and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
We are looking for a Marketing Operations expert with solid business judgment, strong creative and analytical skills, and demonstrated experience in creating scalable processes. You have experience with CRM administration (preferably SFDC), marketing automation tools and systems, and are interested in working for a social enterprise.
In this role, you’ll lead the vision and implementation for setting up our student CRM; centralizing prospective student data, systems, and action across our partner and internal data; and spearhead the evolution of Coursera’s marketing technology stack. Your work will have a direct impact on the growth and success of our degree programs, and help us expand access to education globally.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Own, integrate, and optimize technical aspects of key CRM & marketing systems (Salesforce, marketing automation) used to communicate with prospective degree students
- Partner with Data Engineering to integrate Salesforce and maintain the sync with other marketing communications tools and data -- our internal data warehouse, chat tool, marketing automation tool, phone communications, etc.
- Document processes and procedures for marketing workflows in technology systems, with a focus on Salesforce integrations
- Manage and evolve the marketing technology stack: Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance; Maximize service provided by account teams; Report bugs/issues and work to resolve them
- Collaborate with our Analytics team to determine strategy and execution for reaching in-market potential degree applicants within Coursera’s learner database; understand and improve how learners are progressing from interest to application for degree programs
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and enrollment activities, effectiveness, business impact, and make recommendations on areas for optimization
- 4+ years in CRM Administration, Marketing Operations & strategy
- Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel), superior quantitative marketing and reporting experience, ability to design tests and draw conclusions from analysis
- Proficiency in Salesforce (Salesforce Certified Administrator a plus), including integration with other technologies such as marketing automation tools
- Demonstrated time management skills and project management experience, with ability to indirectly manage and build consensus across diverse teams, including marketing, enrollment / sales operations, data engineering, and productTechnically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- Knowledge of real-time bi-directional data integration with AWS databases, and comfort working with data engineering teams a plus
- Experience in marketing or admissions for higher education a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top