Learning Design Consultant, APAC
- Gurgaon, India
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 76 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Teaching and Learning team at Coursera is a group of learning design researchers and experts. Our team provides best practices, training, consulting, and support in content development and creating transformational learning experiences. We aim to understand the factors that make online content successful for learners, and optimize for a range of metrics -- including learner satisfaction, enrollment, progression, completion, and learning outcomes -- and ultimately distill these into actionable insights to guide content design and production. We continuously drive and improve online pedagogy through research, feedback, and on-platform experimentation.
The Learning Design Consultant, APAC Region is a full-time, Gurgaon, India-based position focused on providing instructional design support across Coursera’s Consumer, For-Credit, and Enterprise channels.
As a Learning Design Consultant you are a pedagogy expert working closely with our partner institutions to transform traditional on-campus courses into engaging and effective online learning experiences. Specifically as we grow our degrees business, you’ll be working with partners over multiple years to develop fully accredited online degrees.
Outside of individual learning experiences, you will be on the cutting edge of online education research and practice, identifying and developing new online pedagogy, presenting at conferences, and sharing them with the extended Coursera community. Together, we will help create universal access to high-quality higher education, and make a profound difference to lives and societies around the world.
- Lead online teaching workshops with faculty members to architect degree program curriculum and core teaching strategies
- Provide instructional design consultation to enable course teams developing high quality for-credit learning experiences
- Build content production capacity for partner institutions through effective training
- Review course success metrics and quality through learner ratings, reviews, and behavior, developing actionable recommendations to aid partners in iterating on content
- Support the utilization and development of local ‘private’ content by Enterprise clients via our Coursera for Campus initiative
- Conduct experimental research and analyze findings to continuously inform online teaching and learning best practices
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in teaching, online education, instructional design, or learning science; experience designing and developing full degree curriculum a plus
- Experience working with, and presenting to higher education institutions required
- Content expertise (work or education) in computer science, analytics/data, engineering, or other technical fields a plus
- Good analytical skills; the ability to synthesize information from various sources and conduct experimental research
- Creative problem-solving abilities, excellent written and verbal communication, and strong interpersonal and operational skills
- Strong bias for action and ability to initiate, coordinate and manage numerous projects and schedules simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic, and cross-functional environment
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top