Learner Services Degree Specialist
- Toronto, Canada
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 71 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Learner Services team strategizes, builds, and delivers support and services at scale to millions of learners on Coursera, to help them succeed in their courses, specializations, and degrees. The team deeply understands learner needs, and partners closely with Product and Engineering teams to build data-driven automation and turn learner insights into product and platform improvements.
You will be part of a team responsible for reinventing the online degree experience and expanding access to learners worldwide. With a blend of top notch project management skills, communications skills, and deep learner understanding, you will act as the primary interface between Coursera, higher ed learners and university stakeholders invested in student success.
As part of the Content & Product Services team, you will work closely with our University Partners, Business and Operations Leadership, Product, and Engineering teams to create the best learning experience for non-traditional students around the globe.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Provide meaningful interaction with learners via email, webinars or other communication channels and provide them with high quality support
- Assess and communicate learner sentiment and student success metrics for assigned programs
- Create resources and operational workflows to support the learner throughout their journey with Coursera, from onboarding to graduation and beyond
- Design and execute on innovative student services, measure their impact, and iterate based on findings
- Build strong relationships with university counterparts, to develop a shared student services model, student retention strategy, provide staff training, and roll out new programs
- Manage the operations and processes associated with degree programs, resolving issues as needed to ensure an exceptional student experience
- Be a platform expert in the degree learner experience and provide platform and technical support to our university partners to support live degree courses, working with Program Managers and Engineering
- Act as the voice of the learner in assigned programs, advocating for product enhancements and policies which reduce friction in the degree experience
- Partner with cross-functional Coursera stakeholders for alignment on timing and requirements for how student services play into overall program health and key milestones
- Manage Learner Services projects that improve productivity and other quantifiable outcomes
- 2+ years of experience providing learner-facing services such as student advising, academic support or career counseling. Experience with post-secondary education preferred
- 1+ years of experience with account management, relationship management, and cross-functional collaboration (with Engineering/Product teams)
- Experience either as a provider (i.e. instructor, advisor, instructional/course designer) or learner of online degrees or credit-bearing certificates strongly preferred
- Data-driven approach to identifying trends, making business cases and decision making
- Proven ability to improve processes and build new workflows from scratch
- Experience with learning and teaching others how to use a technical platform
- Comfort analyzing and manipulating data in a spreadsheet. SQL knowledge a plus.
- Ability to manage projects successfully in a fast paced startup environment with tight timelines
- Ability to travel up to 10%
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top