Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 48 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 2,200 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 45 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 190+ elite universities around the globe with over 4,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come to Coursera.
Growth is focused on driving Coursera's growth. This means converting more learners, increasing activity, and revenue. We try to increase growth across MOOCs, Enterprise learners, and Degree seekers. Engineering functions are divided into Personalization, Content, and Conversion teams. Interesting projects being tackled currently — Chatbot to help learners choose a course, revamping look-and-feel of all our content pages, embedding sales tax into our flow, and many more.
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed
- Lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
- Write understandable, testable, and maintainable code
- Build complex software systems by applying data modeling techniques
- Generate and test hypotheses about our product through feature ideation and analyzing user behavior.
- Mentor software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective as product software engineers
- 10+ years of experience working in a relevant software engineering role
- Strong communication skills (we work in a highly collaborative organization).
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
- Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.