Head of Content Strategy and Business Insights
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Coursera is looking for an experienced professional to lead and continue building our Content Strategy and Business Insights team and approach to the identification, design and sourcing of leading-edge relevant content. As the founding Vice President of the Content Strategy and Business Insights team, you will play a pivotal role in establishing our approach and methodology to identifying and developing learning content as well as having a proactive sense of business intelligence as it affects Coursera. In addition, the role will ensure our content systems and verticals are relevant and well managed while continually improving. The Content Strategy and Business Insights function exists entirely for the benefit of our current and future learners and partners on the Coursera global platform. You will set the vision and direction for your team, manage your team (4 specific content subject matter experts) to execute on that vision, and do so with a focus on operational efficiency. The ultimate goal of our Content Strategy and Business Insights team is to create simple, clear, and optimized approach to capturing relevant content to empower our learners and partners. This includes the utilization of the Data Sciences team operating at Coursera who are able to provide internal data-based information and trends.
The role will work with the Chief Content Officer along with senior roles across Coursera including; Data Sciences, Marketing, University Partnerships, Industry Partnerships and Enterprise.
Your work will allow our learners to spend more time learning and our partners to spend more time teaching and creating content. This will be achieved by being able to identify and create interest in areas and topics of learning that can be converted into learning programs. In addition, the Vice President and the team will act as the ‘forward looking radar’ for Coursera. The post holder will have visibility of competitor activities but also what is going to be the next ‘Hot topic’ for learners and partners. Together, we will help create universal access to high-quality education, and make a profound difference to lives and societies around the world.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Provide leadership (mentoring, coaching, direction and inspiration) for the Content Strategy and Business Insights team to enable Coursera to have an efficient and effective mechanism to identify, design and deliver learning of most value to our learners and partners (University and Industry)
- Accountability for development of a ‘forward looking radar’ that can learn about business trends and thinking that allows Coursera to understand the new thinking and developments that are can be developed
- Develop Coursera’s content systems, and optimize content delivery for mobile and web
- Select and implement a content management system that will scale with Coursera as we grow
- Plan, edit, test, and improve content including interface language, help content, and product education materials
- Work with the rest of the Community Operations leadership team to help define and execute on our vision, and build our culture
- Mentor an amazing team; develop, manage, and hire an outstanding team and we grow
- Build and shape relationships with our internal partners, develop programs that drive action
- Proven track record of people leadership and ability to manage a core business function
- 10+ year work experience managing and scaling successful content delivery systems including mobile and web with deep experience in working with and managing in-house writers and editors
- Proven ability to utilize data-driven and market signal information into competitive advantage
- Passion for ensuring a world-class learner and partner experience
- Strong critical thinking and exceptional problem-solving, analysis, design, evaluation and communication skills
- Access to a developed network of ‘demand signals’ that provide insights to trends and developments for content strategy opportunities
- Exceptional judgement and team building skills with the ability to instill passion and commitment among team members, facilitate effective team interaction, and develop others into leaders
- Excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Experience with terminology management and preparing content for localization
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera
Back to top