Email Marketing Associate (Contract)
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
In 2016, we began hosting accredited online Master’s degrees provided by our university partners, which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. We also launched Coursera for Business, partnering with enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees.
You will support our Degree Marketing Managers to successfully recruit and achieve cohort goals for our open degree programs, while building capabilities and infrastructure for the future success of these programs. You’ll help implement plans for reaching potential students, assist in building a program to acquire and nurture qualified leads through the consideration cycle to the point of enrollment, and coordinate with marketing departments at our partner universities.
You will own the email marketing calendar for all degrees, project managing key stakeholders including Degree Marketing Managers, Channel Owners, and Creative Team Members to ensure the calendar is delivered on schedule. You will also help write copy and QA emails, learning the key value props of all degrees and helping to maintain a consistent voice.
You will have a direct impact on the growth and success of our degree programs and help shape the future of higher education. The right candidate will feel comfortable working in a lean, performance-driven environment while maintaining a strong sense of team and collaboration.
- Project manage a master email calendar for all degree programs, ensuring the calendar is delivered on schedule
- Write, set up, QA and deploy email campaigns in Marketo and in our in-house email marketing system
- Manage the onsite promotional placement calendar and update / deploy a range of onsite promotional placements
- Track and report out on email health and impact metrics internally, prep for sharing externally and suggest improvements
- Support the maintenance of image asset folders and finalize image asset guidelines across all degree programs
- Create Asana tasks and JIRA tickets to coordinate production of email marketing content and engineering needs
- Identify conflicts on Degree/Certificate Marketing Calendars and make recommendations for resolution and update calendars as appropriate
- Work with design and email teams to upgrade current email templates
- Desire to gain skills in using paid advertising, CRM, email marketing, and demand generation best practices for high consideration products
- Desire to gain skills in using web analytics tools, email service providers, and B2B marketing automation technology (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, etc.)
- Experience in marketing or admissions for higher education a plus
- Strong writing ability and HTML or Jade skills required
- Initiative to drive projects forward and proactively ask questions to get the information and resources you need
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects and hit deadlines
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top