Customer Success Manager - Universities
- London, United Kingdom
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 71 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, universities, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce, staff, and students with the world’s best education. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi. As part of Coursera’s EMEA team, you will play a key role in increasing global access to a world-class education. Coursera for Campus is the fastest-growing part of the Enterprise business. Read about our response to the Covid-19 crisis here and how we are supporting universities globally.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to manage Coursera’s University customers. Universities are increasingly turning to Coursera to power learning with Coursera’s course and product offerings for their students. In this important role, you will be part of a huge growth opportunity where Coursera is scaling and building out our “Coursera-for-Campus” strategy. As part of the Customer Success team, you will manage a portfolio largely comprised of university customers. Your performance will depend on your ability to balance account renewal, growth, and customer satisfaction and success. You can expect to work with members within Sales, Implementation, Partnerships, Marketing, Product, Finance, and Legal.
- Own strategic relationships with Coursera’s university customers using Coursera for their students to drive learning and enrich their degrees programs
- Help launch Coursera for universities, drive adoption by developing learner engagement programs and sharing best practices
- Understand the universities needs and work towards agreed success metrics
- Own end-to-end renewal process for all university customers by developing account plans, build relationships with decision-makers and influencers, holding executive business reviews, and negotiating contracts
- Develop programs to increase engagement of our University customers by working closely with our content strategy, product, and pedagogy teams to ensure learner success
- Consult and work closely with University management to develop a strategy for embedding Coursera into the pedagogy
- Serve as the primary point of escalation when customer issues arise, troubleshooting, and ensuring quick resolution
- Collect product feedback and influence the product roadmap and GTM strategy
- Meet with customers over video calls and in-person (when allowed)
- 10+ years of work experience managing senior customer relationships
- Strong background in account management, contract negotiation, customer success
- Executive presence, ability to work with senior university administrators and faculty
- Proven track record of high customer retention, renewal, and growth
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong sense of customer empathy and customer-centrism; to convert relationship and value into advocacy
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Experience driving product adoption within large educational or enterprise populations
- Natural problem solver and strategic thinker, comfortable manipulating large data-sets
- Passion for education, education reform, and interest in working for a social enterprise
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language is required.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our GDPR Recruitment Notice here.
Back to top