Content Marketing Specialist (Contract)
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The Marketing team is responsible for ensuring communication across all channels is clear, consistent and uplifting. This team is broken down into four of branches, PR, Enterprise, Brand, and Acquisition & Retention. The team is currently focusing on making Coursera a global household name, filling our degree cohorts, and bringing new customers to Coursera for Business.
As Content Marketing Manager, you support degree acquisition and retention goals by creating engaging and informative content of all types (blog posts, videos, infographics, case studies, etc.) for learners considering pursuing an online degree. You’ll shape the content marketing editorial calendar and messaging, develop gated assets to optimize for lead generation, nurture leads through thoughtful content, and interview thought leaders at our partner universities, Coursera, and third parties.
In this role, you will directly impact the growth and success of our degree programs and help shape the future of higher education. The right candidate will feel comfortable working in a lean, performance-driven environment while maintaining a strong sense of team and collaboration.
Please note: this role is a 6-month contract position based in Mountain View, CA.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (PR, Marketing, Partnerships, Content, Enterprise, Learner Services) to tell the Coursera-degree narrative. You’ll discover the the most distinctive POV and topics that potential degree students will not only be interested in, but help answer their questions or objections to help them make one of the most important decisions of their life.
- Drive and test degree-specific messaging and content types to support lead generation
- With an exceptional attention to detail, write and edit copy that aligns with the Coursera and university partner style guides including blog articles, video scripts, infographic copy, downloadables such as case studies, etc
- Develop content distribution plans and partner with internal stakeholders (email, blog, paid ads, SEO, etc.)
- Regularly communicate learnings internally and prepare reports to share learnings with university partners
- Develop monthly content themes and manage storytelling from concept to production.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred (minimum of 2 years in content marketing role for high-consideration product)
- Proven experience using storytelling for both lead generation and lead nurturing
- Exceptional written communication skills and proven ability to measure and share results of content marketing tactics
- Ability to manage multiple requests and content priorities
- A portfolio of impactful content, ideally showcasing diverse formats
- Deep understanding of SEO optimizations for content marketing
- Nice to have: experience creating content for higher education or online learning, or journalism experience
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top