Consumer Marketing Manager, India (Contract)
- Hinganghāt, India
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 68 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,800 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand, attracting students to degree programs, bringing new customers to Coursera for Business, and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
As our India Marketing Manager (contract), you will develop strategy and execute go-to-market activities to accelerate learner growth and the uptake of Coursera’s consumer products in the India market. This broad reaching role will be the first dedicated consumer marketing role in the India market and have the potential to significantly accelerate growth in the region. You will partner with the Consumer marketing team in the US to design and execute custom campaigns for the India market via existing marketing channels (paid search; affiliate partnerships; email to the millions of Coursera learners; improving Google visibility via SEO) as well as explore new marketing opportunities specific to the India market. You will conduct market research to understand the needs of learners in India related to Coursera’s learning products—courses, Guided Projects, Certificates, and degrees—and existing barriers to learning, and position offerings accordingly. You will also partner with the India Enterprise marketing & PR team located in Gurgaon to develop synergies between our India Enterprise and Consumer marketing activities.
India is Coursera’s second largest market for learners after the US, and this role has the potential to further accelerate Coursera’s growth and impact in this region.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Drive the global-to-local strategy and operational processes to ensure we are set up for success in delivering local consumer marketing brand plans and campaigns in India. Specifically, develop go-to-market plans for Certificates, degrees, and other priority content within the India market, and adapt and lead key Consumer marketing campaigns (Back to School; New Year) for India market
- Develop India-market briefs, ensuring strategy and work ladders up to globally-aligned strategy and creative work while flexing appropriately for social, cultural, and product nuances locally
- Lead asset creation, targeting, and campaign analysis for paid media campaigns (paid search, Facebook, affiliate partnership) that accelerate growth in the India market (in partnership with central Paid Media team)Explore and execute new marketing channels specific to the India market, reflecting media consumption and habits of target audience in India
- Analyze top performing consumer content and top existing channels in India market and share insights with broader marketing teams (eg. refining SEO keyword and content marketing strategy for learners in India)
- Work with central Email Marketing team to test content and messaging approaches to activate and retain learners in India
- Conduct primary and competitive market research to understand Coursera positioning relative to competitive products, and the needs, barriers, and personas for Indian learners from university students to working professionals. Surface learnings to central consumer marketing team
- 6+ years of experience in growth and/or product marketing, ideally in ed tech
- Experience writing marketing briefs and developing integrated go-to-market strategies, understanding of B2C online marketing channels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; comfortable leveraging data to drive decisions and turning marketing campaign results into actionable learnings
- Strong written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Initiative to drive projects forward, collaborate across multiple teams, and proactively ask questions to get information and resources. Ability to manage multiple projects and hit deadlines
- Experience planning and producing marketing programs
- Passion for online education and understanding of the higher education landscape
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Marketing Analytics
- Digital Marketing Specialization
- Marketing Strategy Specialization
- Marketing Mix Implementation Specialization
- Foundations of Marketing Analytics Specialization
- International Marketing & Cross Industry Growth Specialization
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top