Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera is an engineering-first company. Our teams are responsible for maintaining a scalable and reliable platform, in addition to building interactive products for the worldwide learner community. We are made up of teams ranging from Development Infrastructure, Growth, Learner/Consumer Experience, Content Platform, and SDET Engineering. Every day, Engineering teams collaborate with cross-functional partners, including other engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
- Design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures
- Continuous improvement of foundational components in the dimensions of configurability and quality
- Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- Setup monitoring and testing of your APIs and services to better understand real time health of your products
- Expertise in designing highly-scalable and performant micro-services and storage layers using common frameworks, languages, and cloud infrastructure (e.g. Java, Play/Scala, MySql, Elasticsearch, Kafka, AWS)
- Experience in contributing to or leading large projects with cross-functional stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
- Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis
- Strong background in testing/quality mindset with clear with design solution
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.