- Mountain View, CA
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 68 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,800 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They are shaping public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand, driving impactful learning experiences from courses to degrees, bringing new customers to Coursera for Business, and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
The Brand & Creative team is looking for a seasoned copywriter with robust B2B experience who is excited by the opportunity to shape the voice of our brand and build meaningful connections throughout our marketing communications. As a brand steward and a passionate writer, you will own copywriting and editing across all Enterprise marketing touchpoints including: sales collateral, events, email, social, digital advertising, video scripts, interactive landing pages, ebooks, whitepapers, blogs, and more.
Your work will speak to and inspire millions of learners around the globe and you will own the expression of Coursera’s voice through our B2B marketing channels.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Develop impactful messaging and copy that strengthens Coursera’s brand and platform offering
- Flex from writer to editor as you collaborate cross-functionally with business and marketing leads, creatives, and strategists, to develop result-driven campaigns across all marketing and product touchpoints
- Leverage qualitative research, testing results, and insights to define omnichannel writing best practices and copy guidelines
- Become an expert in our audience segments and channel performance, relentlessly seeking data and relevant trends to make decisions that maximize the impact and effectiveness of copy across mediums
- Present creative content clearly and confidently to stakeholders, have a strong point of view on your decisions, and back them up with sound, strategic logic
- Help grow a world-class writing culture that upholds the highest standards of clarity, concision, and authenticity, and empowers the entire team to deliver consistently pristine and compelling copy
- 5+ years of professional experience as a copywriter in advertising and/or marketing, with a strong B2B background
- Writing that exhibits tremendous range, precision, and clarity, and that demonstrates a knack for taking complex ideas and communicating them in ways that are both powerful and approachable, inspiring action while reinforcing brand identity
- A strong ability to prioritize work and resources (timelines, budgets, and availability) across short and long-term projects
- A track record of attracting, retaining, and growing an audience through the use of compelling content in brand campaigns, direct response advertising, email, and social media
- A firm grasp of the principles and techniques of acquisition, conversion, and lead generation, with an advanced understanding of SEO best practices, and the ability to write for all stages of the consideration journey
- REQUIRED: A portfolio featuring examples of omnichannel best-in-class B2B writing solutions
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top