Marketing Intern (New York City)
Based in downtown NYC, CourseHorse is the first marketplace that helps people discover & enroll in trusted local classes, ranging from casual programs like cooking & art, to professional courses like finance and programming. We believe that learning is the single greatest way to positively impact individuals & our society, which makes our goal simple: to make lifelong learning easier.
We've just raised an additional round of capital in order to attach rocket-boosters to this Horse, and we're seeking passionate, talented team members to get in on the ground floor & help steer us to the stars.
Why you want to work at CourseHorse:
- Amazing team: We’re all entrepreneurs that believe in, trust and teach each other everyday
- Impact: Sell something that genuinely helps people! We’re changing the face of education: we’re not only impacting the way people find classes, but also our society’s fundamental relationship to learning (and will tell you more when we chat!)
- Independence: The reins are in your hands: we’ll provide the tools and training but you control your own destiny, and can work from the comfort of your own home
- Learning: You'll build a very particular set of skills that will help you throughout the rest of your career – as an education company, team member development is priority #1
- Fame: Check out our brief cameo in the Avengers' movie
CourseHorse is seeking a marketing intern with the perfect mix of creativity and a knack for numbers. This internship will offer a hands-on experience in marketing at a fast growing start-up as you help us merchandise the thousands of classes on our site via partnerships, email marketing& communications, as well as other larger strategic initiatives.
You'll be working on a small, savvy marketing team tasked with optimizing user growth, engagement and revenue.
Every week, you will have the opportunity:
- Launch, measure and improve our communication strategy across CourseHorse and our partner network
- Pitch new marketing & promotional ideas to maximize revenue potential of our existing partner network
- Deliver compelling content that results in the best possible sales conversion and user experience
- Plan, coordinate and launch strategic marketing initiatives across advertising and partnership channels
- Project manage the execution of site updates, email campaigns and digital marketing programs.
- Coordinate the development of creative content and new site enhancement releases.
- Analyze web and email analytics information for optimizing traffic and sales
- Write and edit customer-focused copy that meets brand voice and style
You will excel in this role if you have:
- Desire to help with all stages of the marketing funnel, from customer acquisition to business development
- Strong creative writing and communication skills
- A high level of organization and attention to the little details that make marketing & advertising outstanding
- An interest to learn CRMs (SailThru a plus!), Google Analytics, HTML and CSS
- A passion for learning and improving quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
- Above all, a positive, can-do attitude and extraordinary hustle
In your Cover Letter, please include:
- A writing sample
- Your favorite ecommerce site & why
See Inside the Office of CourseHorse
CourseHorse is an online platform listing local learning opportunities—making it easy for people to find and enroll in anything from finance to French. CourseHorse is dedicated to carefully curating its offerings and takes the time to vet each of its courses. It awards students for each new course enrollment and works to keep education accessible by offering discounts towards future discoveries.
Back to top