Customer Support Team Lead
**Hi There, thank you so much for your interest in CourseHorse! We recently put hiring for this position on hold, but we are continuing to hire on an ongoing basis and will likely revisit the role in the near future. If you'd like to submit your application we will get back to you when we reopen the role!**
Based in downtown NYC, CourseHorse is the first marketplace that helps people discover & enroll in trusted local classes, ranging from casual programs like cooking & art, to professional courses like finance and programming. We believe that learning is the single greatest way to positively impact individuals & our society, which makes our goal simple: to popularize and promote the Learning Lifestyle.
We're the market leader in a $40 billion industry, yet we're still a small, 14 person company seeking passionate, talented team members to get in on the ground floor & help steer us to the stars.
CourseHorse is seeking a warm, friendly & fun Customer Ambassador to lead the charge when it comes to showing our students just how dedicated we are to helping them find the right class & to guaranteeing that they have a stellar experience learning.
You'll be just the second customer ambassador to join our team, and we'll rely on you to quickly master our existing tone, voice and process, pave the way to improve it, and help hire the next generation of service team members.
Every week, you will:
- Answer phone calls, respond to emails, and live chat with members who need help discovering, purchasing or attending their perfect class
- Help train and work with our amazing customer service ambassadors around the world to deliver excellent service to our members
- Personally reach out to members to learn about how their experience was and to further delight them
- Participate in service meetings and articulate market feedback to the entire CourseHorse team
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve our customer service, and collaborate cross functionally to achieve them
- Learn an insane amount about every aspect of building a company
You will excel in this role if you have:
- Extraordinary oral & written (chat & email) communication skills
- A high level of organization and attention to the little details that make service outstanding
- A relentless urge to improve, and a hunger for feedback
- A natural ability to lead and inspire others
- Previous experience managing a team
- Deep self-motivation and the ability to self-manage – a curiosity and independence that makes you seek out your own answers and try new things first
- Strong emotional intelligence that enables you to read and react in-the-moment to other people
- The perfect combination of professionalism & personality
- Incredible poise & patience
- Above all, a positive, can-do attitude and extraordinary hustle
- A bachelor's degree (highly preferred)
- 1-2 years previous customer service experience
How to know if CourseHorse is a good fit:
- You’re looking for more than just a job – you have a desire to help build something real, and are ready to invest the time it takes to make that happen!
- You have an interest and appreciation for education and active lifestyles, and a desire to help people connect with both
- You appreciate autonomy – we arm you with the knowledge, the skillset and support system, but you synthesize everything yourself to make it work
- You’re focused on building a diverse set of skills (or a very particular set of skills) that will help you throughout the rest of your career – as an education company, team member development is priority #1
- You like fun, fast paced, (sometimes fabulously witty) environments, and want to work in downtown NYC
- You want to be friends with the people you work with
Compensation / Perks
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Monthly class scholarship
- Snacks and dinners covered
- Powerful hardware/software support
- Flexible vacation
See Inside the Office of CourseHorse
CourseHorse is an online platform listing local learning opportunities—making it easy for people to find and enroll in anything from finance to French. CourseHorse is dedicated to carefully curating its offerings and takes the time to vet each of its courses. It awards students for each new course enrollment and works to keep education accessible by offering discounts towards future discoveries.
Back to top