Content Operations Intern
Based in downtown NYC, CourseHorse is the first marketplace that helps people discover & enroll in trusted local classes, ranging from casual programs like cooking & art, to professional courses like finance and programming. We believe that learning is the single greatest way to positively impact individuals & our society, which makes our goal simple: to make lifelong learning easier.
We've just raised an additional round of capital in order to attach rocket-boosters to this Horse, and we're seeking passionate, talented team members to get in on the ground floor & help steer us to the stars.
Currently, CourseHorse aggregates 75,000 classes per month from over 1,500 different class providers. Our major challenge is that we have to keep all these classes perfectly up to date on a near-real-time basis. Technology integration is part of our solution, but certainly not the whole answer. Think for a moment – how would you solve this problem? If you're enjoying thinking about possible solutions, how you would monitor and improve them over time, and how your work would fit into the bigger picture of what we do at CourseHorse, then you'll love this job. In this role, we'll show you exactly how we've solved this problem, and then task you with assisting the operations department with managing it and making it better every day.
You will excel in this role if you:
- Are hyper-organized, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and hit deadlines with minimal oversight
- Have a brain wired for creative problem solving and get a sick pleasure at implementing hacks that make life a little easier
- Are an unbelievable written communicator, being able to break down complex concepts and processes into language that anyone can understand
- Thrive in an environment with no structure and new problems to solve every day
- Have technical abilities (including HTML/CSS/JS/SQL) and/or data analysis experience (a plus)
- Have experience working for a technology startup or ecommerce company (a plus)
How to know if CourseHorse is a good fit:
- You’re looking for more than just a job – you have a desire to help build something real
- You want to get in at the beginning, build from the ground up
- You want ownership over what you produce
- You’re naturally curious and love learning
- You’re willing to help out as needed, regardless of role or title
- You like to move fast and are comfortable with failure
- You enjoy and know how to get stuff done in a rapidly changing environment
- You want to be friends with the people you work with
- You like fun (sometimes fabulously witty) environments, and want to work in downtown NYC
See Inside the Office of CourseHorse
CourseHorse is an online platform listing local learning opportunities—making it easy for people to find and enroll in anything from finance to French. CourseHorse is dedicated to carefully curating its offerings and takes the time to vet each of its courses. It awards students for each new course enrollment and works to keep education accessible by offering discounts towards future discoveries.
Back to top