User Experience Designer
As a User Experience Designer, you will be working with business partners and IT to create, design and test digital experiences for our COUNTRY Financial customers, representatives, and employees. This position is unique in that you have the ability to impact experiences across the company and see the impact of your work on a daily basis. You will need to be able to create flows, wireframes, comps and conduct usability testing using tools provided. You will be part of a collaborative team who are passionate about the digital experience.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Provides support and input to the Sr. UX Analyst and Lead UX Analyst on medium, large and enterprise teams to deliver consumer centric experiences across devices, focusing on sales, purchase and self-service. Provides support and input to the Sr. UX Analyst and Lead UX Analyst on complex interactive assignments.
- Serves as a user experience (UX) design lead on small teams to deliver consumer centric experiences across devices, focusing on sales, purchase and self-service. Completes complex and small interactive assignments independently or on teams.
- Utilizes widely recognized techniques for interface/application usability testing including eye tracking, card sorting and surveys to ensure that design best meets constituent requirements. Other techniques may include: heuristic reviews, multi-variant testing, analysis of behavioral or digital analytics; and other consumer feedback techniques to provide recommendations to project team.
- Assists in the planning and execution of rapid iterative usability testing. Responsible for end-to-end digital process documentation, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, use cases, etc. Completes and/or leads structured design techniques. Advocates UX standards. Reviews others documentation.
- Delivers and maintains user-friendly, effective, efficient, error tolerant and engagement interface design and applications for our clients and visitors. Creates, improves and streamlines processes to maximize customer experience. Works closely with customer experience department.
- Completes measurements, analyzes information and recommends or leads improvements. Consults with COUNTRY teams to identify KPIs, opportunities for consumer testing, define metrics, prepare hour estimates, provides input regarding program specifications and deliverables, participates in reviews and communications to team and management. Collaborates and negotiates solutions.
- Delivers small to medium scale interfaces/ applications which are consumer friendly, well-integrated and reusable, ensuring they comply with business objectives, positively promote the COUNTRY brand and follow brand standards by working with brand management department. Strives to deliver exceptional experiences.
- Researches trends and improvements in applicable technology capabilities to speed the delivery of consistent interfaces across COUNTRY systems. Provides recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoots and recommends fixes to problems relating to existing interfaces / applications.
- Participates vendor evaluation, recommendation or selection efforts. Assists with vendor management.
- Assignments may include those outside of digital, such as client communications.
- Assists in orienting, training and providing overall development.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Qualified candidates please submit your portfolio with application.
- Education equivalent to graduation from college with a degree in digital marketing, usability, web development, computer science, graphic arts/digital design, psychology, business (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Two to four years of experience in web content, marketing, e-commerce, digital marketing, graphic arts, usability, social media or gamification (or the equivalent).
- Past success participating in, or leading, analysis efforts across devices and multiple digital channels.
- Responsive design techniques
- Participation in analyzing data and utilizing analytics to discover usability issues
- Experience with user centered design and creating wireframes, design comps.
- Experience with usability testing and other methodologies.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Self Starter and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Graduate work in digital marketing, usability, web development, computer science, graphic arts, digital design, psychology, or business (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Five or more years of experience in web development, e-commerce, digital marketing, graphic arts, usability, social media, gamification, project management (or the equivalent).
- Previous marketing, and/or sales experience within the insurance and financial services industry
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Axure.
- Proficient with online testing tools like Usability Hub, User Zoom, etc.
- Mobile Experience #LI-AH1
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers #DICE
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top