User Experience / Design Internship – University of Illinois Research Park
COUNTRY Financial is seeking User Experience / Design interns to be part of the team delivering technical web and mobile application solutions in our Digital Strategy program. These positions will be located in our DigitaLab at the University of Illinois Research Park in Champaign, IL. As a DigitaLab intern, you will be working with business partners, designers and IT to create, design and test digital experiences for our COUNTRY Financial customers, representatives, and employees.
This position is unique in that you have the ability to impact experiences across the company and see the impact of your work on a daily basis. You will need to be able to create flows, wireframes, comps and conduct usability testing using tools provided. You will be part of a collaborative team who is passionate about the digital experience.
- Assists in the planning and execution of rapid iterative usability testing. Responsible for flows, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, use cases, etc.
- Delivers and maintains user-friendly, effective, efficient, error tolerant and engagement interface design and applications for our clients and visitors
- Creates, improves and streamlines processes to maximize customer experience
- Delivers small to medium scale interfaces/applications which are consumer friendly, well-integrated and reusable, ensuring they comply with business objectives, positively promote the COUNTRY Financial brand and follow brand standards
- Researches trends and improvements in applicable technology capabilities to speed the delivery of consistent interfaces across COUNTRY systems
- Troubleshoots and recommends fixes to problems relating to existing interfaces/applications
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Must be actively pursuing a college degree at the University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to work part-time during the school year (typically 10-15 hours per week)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Axure
- Proficient with online testing tools like Usability Hub, User Zoom, etc.
- Experience with user centered design, and creating wireframes and design comps
- Experience with usability testing and other methodologies
- Experience in web content, marketing, e-commerce, digital marketing, graphic arts, usability, social media or gamification (or the equivalent) is preferred
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top