Supervisor of Direct Sales
The Supervisor of Direct Sales develops and delivers strategic initiatives within COUNTRY Financial's phone and online channels. The role will focus on leading, training, developing and motivating a team of licensed sales representatives in a call center environment. The role will also encompass communication and education of our field force regarding the sales partnerships available to them.
- Responsible for meeting sales center goals and quotas through the management of sales center representatives (SCR's) who respond to telephone and web inquiries for new business from prospects and clients.
- Ensures SCR's differentiate COUNTRY from competitors by following the Inbound COUNTRY Sales Process of consultative selling; collecting important information, recommending correct coverage, preparing rate quotes, and closing policy sales.
- Supports ongoing innovation and expansion of direct sales activities at COUNTRY including expansion to additional lines of business and new consumer facing capabilities.
- Approves updates to policies and procedures, hiring decisions, and training/development needs.
- Performs weekly evaluations of SCR performance as it pertains to sales center goals and quality assurance standards.
- Ensures customer satisfaction information and representative feedback is collected. Through critical collaboration with internal areas of Marketing and Agency, helps create action plans to continually improve the client experience.
- Analyzes key business outcomes (sales, quality, process efficiency, customer satisfaction, interaction with field financial representatives, etc.) using periodic performance reports and collaborates with senior management to define appropriate action items.
- Motivates SCR's and creates a successful sales call center environment that is attractive for potential financial representative candidates and others employees who are interested in a sales career.
- Collaborates with other call center management to adjust and approve quality standards based on environmental, economic, and technology changes.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the Agency Sales Center and financial representatives in agency.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Protects the privacy of our customers' data in the performance of job duties and operational activities.
- Follows corporate policy and procedures related to the access, use, distribution, protection, and destruction of client and company confidential data.
- Performs special projects and other related work as required or requested.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Education equivalent to graduation from college (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Must hold or become licensed to sell related insurance products within 60 days of hire.
- Must maintain property/casualty producer license by completing required continuing education as specified by the state regulating authority to retain employment in job.
- Must have 3-5 years of supervisor/management experience in a sales related or agency environment.
- Proven ability to lead and deliver strategic efforts.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with various and diverse internal personnel and external contacts.
- Effectiveness in working through conflict and ambiguity to meet the needs of business partners and customers.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with an emphasis in business or insurance.
- Holds resident property/casualty producer license.
- Five or more years' experience in a call center, direct sales or related field.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of insurance operations and direct-to-consumer business processes.
- Travel to agency meetings and other company functions is required.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top