Supervisor, Claims Support (Bloomington, IL)
As a Supervisor in the Claims Support Unit within the Property/Casualty Claims division at COUNTRY Financial, you will be focused on leading, managing and supporting a team of claims support staff in delivering timely, thorough and accurate administrative and reporting services to ensure that claims tasks are handled expeditiously and in accordance with corporate objectives. This position plays a vital role in providing a positive, satisfying, and consistent claims experience for our customers through work with claims adjusting staff, claims supervisors, and Financial Representatives.
The person in this position leads, manages, and supports a team of claims support staff in delivering timely, thorough, and accurate support for claims assignment and reassignment, general claims processing, and administrative assistance to claims departments. Measures and reports on the progress of claims processing by providing metric-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities. Proactively seeks feedback from business partners on existing processes and procedures and develop and implement actions for ensuring a satisfying and consistent claims experience for our customers. Leads the training of new personnel and continued training and development of claims support associates for delivering a positive and efficient claims experience.
This position will be assigned to work out of our home office in Bloomington, IL, our western office in Salem, OR, or our southern office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta).
- Supervises and evaluates the personnel and operations of claims support department by actively monitoring accountability, progress, and quality of claims processing and administrative support. Estimates short-term staffing needs and manages staffing requirements for providing adequate coverage during peak periods, storm situations, leaves, etc. Administers policies, procedures, and training to staff for delivering a positive, satisfying, and consistent claims experience for our customers.
- Conducts objective setting and performance evaluation processes to evaluate employee performance. Measures and provides appropriate performance and behavioral feedback to employees. Promotes continual employee development through effective planning, verbal and written communications, and cross-training.
- Tracks and measures quality and performance of department by developing and maintaining claims metric based tracking methods to support action plans or corrective measures when necessary to reach divisional goals. Actively collaborate with claims departments to ensure that claims processing metrics are established and met. Supports strategic improvements consistent with corporate goals and initiatives, focusing on improving a high quality customer claims experience.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of claims industry experience or related experience and at least 1 year of lead experience OR, Master’s degree and at least 4 years of claims industry experience or related experience and at least 1 year of lead experience, OR At least 8 years of claims industry experience or related experience and at least 1 year of lead experience.
- Good working knowledge of property/casualty claims operations.
- Ability to coach others and apply supervisory skills.
- Ability to perform assignments that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong relationship building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of claims industry experience or related experience and 1 year of lead experience or Master’s degree.
- Sound understanding of insurance company operations, particularly the claims function.
- Ability to compile complex data reports on unit performance for management.
- Experience working with multiple levels of management (managers, directors).
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Back to top