State Legislative Affairs Internship
Illinois Farm Bureau is offering an internship in our Governmental Affairs & Commodities department in Bloomington, IL. This internship will begin in January 2018 and extend to May 2018.
- Research individual legislative proposals, political programs, and general issues.
- Assist in maintaining legislative positions and tracking of legislation impacting IFB membership.
- Draft summary issue papers on legislative issues for distribution to IFB members and general publication.
- Complete a larger research topic on a policy issue of importance for IFB and present the results of that research at the conclusion of the internship.
- Observe the State Legislative Affairs team members, subject to travel availability to Springfield, Illinois
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and research skills.
- Ability to quickly analyze complex issues.
- Self-motivated, but also have the ability to work in a team environment to accomplish goals.
- Education or background in political science or agriculture.
- Understanding of and interest in state or national politics and agriculture policy preferred.
- This is a paid internship, available to current college students.
- To be eligible for an internship, candidates must be pursuing a degree for the duration of the internship.
- This internship is for Spring 2018 semester.
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top