Server/Storage Provisioning Engineer
At COUNTRY Financial, our Server/Storage Provisioning Engineer ensures the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. Focuses on building and implementing automation solutions for provisioning services around core infrastructure including Windows/UNIX servers and storage. Analyzes existing provisioning processes and seeks opportunities to gain efficiencies through the use of automation. Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology lifecycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are agile, stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
This position will be assigned to work out of our southern office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta) or our central office in the Minneapolis, MN area (Arden Hills).
- Design, build, implement, and support COUNTRY’s IT solutions.
- Develop automation solutions for building greater efficiencies in the server/storage provisioning processes.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for COUNTRY.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in information technology or related experience OR, Master’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in information technology or related experience OR, at least 7 years of experience in information technology or related experience. System Administration automation skills including MS Powershell, PowerCLI, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Intermediate knowledge of DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts and topology.
- Intermediate knowledge of server and storage terminology and configuration.
- Intermediate knowledge using Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 and 2012, AIX, and Linux Operating Systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT terminology and systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of IBM Power Series, Sun SPARC hardware, and Dell/HP x86 hardware.
- Intermediate knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Data Backup Arrays (Data Domain).
- Experience supporting and implementing Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Ability to execute technical instructions for the install, configure and deploy operating systems and software to server platforms.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply information from technical manuals.
- Ability to follow quality assurance procedures.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical users.
- Ability to multitask and track progress.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to track and complete requests within established SLA’s.
- Ability to lift 50 pound.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.#LI-SK1
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top