Senior Software Developer
COUNTRY Financial® is seeking a Senior Software Developer position to join our Life/Health Administration team. This position is focused on Systems Analysis and Environment Management for a complex multi-platform policy administration system and all associated interfaces. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a multi-year transformational effort spanning many different technologies and impacting many different business units in the company. This position will play a large role in our ability to deliver solutions to our business partners.
This position will be assigned to work out of our southern office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta) or our central office in the Minneapolis, MN area (Arden Hills).
- Very strong background in problem solving, SQL, XML, and excellent communication skills.
- Designs solutions after gathering business and technical requirements.
- Technical Leadership.
- Manages complex integration environments.
- Supports testing and problem solving/debugging of solutions.
- Implements software solutions following best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, Master’s degree and at least 6 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, At least 10 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience.
- Advanced analysis, impact assessment and troubleshooting ability.
- Strong understanding of Database Management System concepts and tooling.
- Ability to develop advanced SQL scripts.
- Experience working with web services & XML.
- Prior configurable software package support & maintenance experience.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, integration & batch processing.
- Life / Health insurance industry background is a plus.
- Works well in a team setting both locally and remotely.
- Strong technical leadership skills.
- Strong collaboration / communication skills with the ability to work with business & vendor partners as well as various IT teams.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Back to top