Senior Material Damage Appraiser - Marietta, GA
COUNTRY Financial is seeking an experienced Senior Material Damage Appraiser who will contribute to the overall claims division's goals of providing excellent customer service while working with our auto industry partners in writing fair, accurate vehicle repair estimates
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients by delivering superior claims service.
- Communicates with vehicle owners to promptly schedule physical inspections of damaged vehicle, when necessary.
- Completes physical inspections of damaged property, when necessary, evaluate damages, and prepare written estimates according to policy provisions, and provides documentation and explains estimates to vehicle owners and file of record.
- Communicates all information obtained to involved parties, negotiates and settles claims within prescribed authority.
- Completes proper assessment on total loss vehicles to provide accurate information to determine vehicle actual cash value.
- Promptly re-inspects and resolves supplemental vehicles repairs.
- Coordinates applicable activities with Material Damage Specialists as required.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and specialty knowledge resource to others.
- Provides expertise and training to lesser-experienced Material Damage Appraisers.
- Researches and resolves sensitive customer complaints independently.
- May temporarily perform appraiser duties in other company locations when catastrophes occur, or as other business needs dictate.
- Keeps abreast of developments in vehicle design and repair methods.
- Maintains professional working relationship with body shops and other vendors, particularly on repair and mechanical issues.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Possesses advanced or specialty training or certifications.
- Maintains the appropriate adjuster's licensing as required by the states in which we do business.
- Two or more years of experience as a Material Damage Appraiser (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Experience with auto body repair, auto parts and repair techniques and mechanical operations.
- Knowledge of basic math and demonstrates good organizational skills, analytical ability, and detail orientation are required.
- Must be proficient in writing material damage estimates and have the knowledge to determine total losses.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess good decision-making and well-developed persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Possess the ability to handle potential conflict effectively and constructively, with the ability to resolve complaints independently.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task while interacting effectively with financial representatives, claimants, insureds, internal staff members, and external contacts.
- Must be able to work independently in the field or as a member of a team with limited supervision.
- Proficient in using mobile devices including laptop, printer and IPhone.
- Previous body shop experience.
- Proficient with Audatex (or other claims estimating software).
- Experience in recreational vehicles, motorcycles and other specialty vehicles.
- Hands on experience working in a body shop repairing vehicles.
- Work is conducted in the field within an assigned geographic territory of Bartow, Cobb, Cherokee, Douglas and Paulding counties. Candidate must live within the territory assigned.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with the ability to drive an automobile.
- Must have the physical dexterity to walk, reach, climb, and crawl to inspect damage, sometimes in unfavorable
working conditions or inclement weather.
- Ability to lift and transport laptop and associated equipment is required.
- Work may involve overtime or extend beyond normal business hours due to business need or in the case of
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top