Senior Material Damage Appraiser - Eugene, OR
At COUNTRY Financial, our Senior Material Damage Appraiser provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients by delivering superior claims service. Inspects, evaluates, negotiates and settles assigned first and third party physical damage claims within prescribed authority level. Verifies facts and prepares photographic and written documentation of loss.
- Provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients by delivering superior claims service.
- Communicates with vehicle owners to promptly schedule physical inspections of damaged vehicle, when necessary.
- Completes physical inspections of damaged property, when necessary, evaluate damages, and prepare written estimates according to policy provisions, and provides documentation and explains estimates to vehicle owners and file of record.
- Communicates all information obtained to involved parties, negotiates and settles claims within prescribed authority.
- Completes proper assessment on total loss vehicles to provide accurate information to determine vehicle actual cash value.
- Promptly re-inspects and resolves supplemental vehicles repairs.
- Coordinates applicable activities with Material Damage Specialists as required.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and specialty knowledge resource to others.
- Provides expertise and training to lesser-experienced Material Damage Appraisers.
- Researches and resolves sensitive customer complaints independently.
- May temporarily perform appraiser duties in other company locations when catastrophes occur, or as other business needs dictate.
- Keeps abreast of developments in vehicle design and repair methods.
- Maintains professional working relationship with body shops and other vendors, particularly on repair and mechanical issues.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Possesses advanced or specialty training or certifications (i.e., diesel certifications).
- Maintains the appropriate adjuster’s licensing as required by the states in which we do business.
- Two or more years of experience as a Material Damage Appraiser (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Experience with auto body repair, auto parts and repair techniques, and mechanical operations.
- Vocational school training or otherwise a good knowledge of (or experience with) auto body repair, auto parts, repair techniques, and mechanical operations.
- Knowledge of basic math and demonstrates good organizational skills, analytical ability, and detail orientation are required.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide expertise and training to lesser-experienced Material Damage Appraisers.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a subject matter expert and knowledge resource to others.
- Must be proficient in writing material damage estimates and have the knowledge to determine total losses.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication.
- Must possess good decision-making and well-developed persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Possess the ability to handle potential conflict effectively and constructively, with the ability to resolve complaints independently.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task while interacting effectively with financial representatives, claimants, insureds, internal staff members, and external contacts.
- Must be able to work independently in the field or as a member of a team.
- Basic computer and data entry skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Audatex (or other claims estimating software).
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. #LI-SK1
Back to top