Senior IT Engineer (UNIX/LINUX)
This position will be assigned to work out of our Central Office in the Minneapolis, MN area (Arden Hills) or our Southern Office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta).
COUNTRY Financial is seeking an IT Server Engineer to join the ITS Platform Engineering organization. This role will have a primary focus on RedHat Linux virtual and physical servers as well as AIX UNIX environment. VMware and VIO understanding and use is necessary. This includes, design, configure, and leading deployment as well as Tier 3 support of platforms. Familiarity with scripting and automation is also desired as we are quickly moving into a DevOps culture. In addition, the ability to design and implement improvements to performance and capacity management will be valuable.
- Design, build, implement, and support COUNTRY's IT solutions.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for COUNTRY.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, Master's degree and at least 6 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, At least 10 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience.
- Strong Linux (RedHat 6/7 preferred).
- VMWare (v5.5-6.x) experience for virtualization
- AIX 6/7 Unix Experience and Solaris 10 Familiarity.
- OS Tier 3 support, plus:
- Experienced in OS patching
- OS Scripting experience
- Server building/deployment
- Architecture and Design for UNIX.
- Hadoop experience.
- Knowledge in Bladelogic or SCCM software
- Database familiarity for supporting DBA team
- Oracle 10 LDAP support
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position. #DICE
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers#LI-AH1
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top