Senior IT Engineer - UNIX/LINUX
At COUNTRY Financial, our Senior IT Engineer – UNIX/LINUX ensures the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology lifecycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
This position will be assigned to work out of our southern office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta) or our central office in the Minneapolis, MN area (Arden Hills).
- Design, build, implement, and support COUNTRY’s IT solutions.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for COUNTRY.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, Master’s degree and at least 6 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, At least 10 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience.
- AIX 6/7, Solaris 10 , Current in Linux
- OS Tier 3 support, plus:
- Experienced in OS patching
- OS Scripting experience
- Server building/deployment
- RedHat 6/7
- Hadoop experience
- Knowledge in Bladelogic or SCCM software
- Database familiarity for supporting DBA team
- Oracle 10 LDAP support #LI-SK1
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Back to top