Senior Enterprise Data Architect
COUNTRY Financial is seeking a passionate and data driven Enterprise Architect to join the Enterprise Architecture team. This role will be responsible for driving innovation, data/analytics strategy, and architecture across COUNTRYs enterprise. You will provide leadership to the business and IT areas delivering architecture, design, and development of reusable data capabilities across multiple projects and initiatives. You will also provide thought leadership on emerging hybrid data architectures, advanced analytics, data privacy and security trends for business and drive proof of concepts (POCs) for the assessment of technology / business benefit. Additionally you will work very closely with solutions architects in the adoption of data standards, technologies and architectures.
- Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
- Recommend long-term direction on strategic advancements within the technical portfolio.
- Define and maintain standards for artifacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
- Build a Community of Practice for solutions architecture while leveraging architectural tools, processes, and practices.
- Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
- Evaluate and assess existing legacy data assets with an eye on modernization and simplification.
- Develop standards, design patterns and best practices for data and the integration of data through the enterprise.
- Develop reference architectures, and roadmaps necessary to hold architecture delivery to the level of quality.
- Lead software evaluations including RFP development, capabilities assessment, formal scoring models, and delivery of executive presentations supporting a final directional recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of experience in information technology OR,
- Master's degree and at least 12 years of experience in information technology OR,
- At least 17 years of experience in information technology.
- 2 years lead experience.
- 7 years in the data architecture space and 3 years with big data architectures.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated abilities working in large, multi-million dollar Data architecture programs.
- Proven experience in architecture governance, controls, and peer reviews in regards to data, security, and cloud.
- Experienced in developing architecture reference models for data governance and control.
- Well versed in the Data domains (Data Warehousing, Analytics, BI, Big Data, Operational Data Store, Metadata, Master Data, Unstructured Data, ETL, ESB)
- Experience developing enterprise level data standards, master data management architectures and EDW architectures with IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server database technologies.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Sqoop, Hive, Flume, Storm, and Kafka.
- Experienced in SOA and Restful API architectures, with a deep understanding of web services (XSDs, WSDLs, JSON) used within an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Proven ability to work with various service transports and protocols (i.e. SOAP, HTTP, MQ, etc.)
- Hands-on ability to build and manage enterprise data models, leveraging both industry and application specific service models.
- Experience with unstructured or semi-structured data design and implementation.
- Experience with data profiling tools and processes.
- Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional modeling techniques.
- Insurance experience is preferred.
- Certifications in Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF.
- 7-10 years of experience in the data architecture space.
- At least 5 years of big data analytics experience, including developing and deploying solutions on Hadoop infrastructure.
- Experience developing Telematics data architectures.
- Experience with Mainframes and the associated tools and technologies.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top