Senior Claims Representative - Property
COUNTRY Financial is seeking a Senior Claims Representative to join our Washington Property claims team. This role will focus on providing a positive and satisfying claims experience for our clients through the proper investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of claims for personal lines and commercial lines business.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Investigates the more complex claims within prescribed limits (i.e., situations involving structural damage, fire losses, serious injury claims, and total losses) by determining applicable policy coverage, evaluating damages and assessing liability. Obtains and analyzes a wide variety of documentation related to the claim (i.e. accident reports, ISO reports, medical records, police reports, written estimates, witness accounts, etc.) and draws the proper conclusions related to claim investigation.
- Completes physical inspections of the more extensive property damage losses (when necessary), evaluates damages, and prepares written estimates according to policy provisions and liability.
- Initiates first contact with insureds, claimants, and all relevant parties to gather basic information, obtain recorded statements (when necessary), and explain the overall claims process.
- Maintains continuous communication with all affected parties regarding each step of the claims process.
- Communicates and negotiates with a variety of individuals regarding investigation and settlement of claims. This includes insureds, claimants, attorneys, public adjusters, contractors, body shops, insurance carriers, and other involved parties.
- As applicable, travels to loss location and evaluates property damage, determines coverage, and estimates damages.
- Completes timely referral of claims to the appropriate level of authority as dictated by claim severity or complexity.
- May temporarily perform Senior Claims Representative duties in other company locations when catastrophes occur, or as other business needs dictate.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Maintains the appropriate adjuster's licensing as required by the states in which we do business.
- Two or more years' experience as a Claims Representative – Field (or the equivalent).
- Must have the knowledge to investigate and settle one or more of these larger and/or complex claims types: structural damage, fire losses, serious injury claims, and total losses.
- Possesses good knowledge of policy coverages and construction estimating.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a subject matter expert and knowledge resource to others, including management.
- Education equivalent to graduation from college with a degree in business, insurance or agribusiness (or the equivalent).
- Experience with insurance company operations and financial services products.
- Possesses the technical expertise to occasionally serve in the absence of a Specialist as business needs dictate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel (or their equivalents), Xactimate, and/or other claims estimating software.
- Possesses competent knowledge with residential and commercial construction techniques.
- Work is split approximately 60% field and 40% office within an assigned geographic territory. Must maintain a valid driver's license with the ability to drive an automobile.
- Has the physical dexterity to walk, reach, climb, and crawl to inspect damage, sometimes in unfavorable working conditions or inclement weather.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and climb ladders weighing up to 50 pounds (only applicable if assigned to work property claims).
- Work may involve overtime or extend beyond normal business hours due to business need or in the case of emergency situations.
COUNTRY does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position. #LI-AH1
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top