Senior Actuarial Research Analyst
At COUNTRY Financial, our Senior Actuarial Research Analyst is responsible for the development of predictive models designed to identify organizational opportunities with respect to growth and profitability; Employs data mining techniques using available statistical software to determine relevant variable relationships; Manages research projects from inception to implementation and develops recommendations concerning appropriate business strategies based upon thorough and innovative analysis; develops scoring algorithms to rank order households based upon current and future value; Works with Marketing Research area to maximize the effectiveness of various marketing strategies and campaigns; Utilizes appropriate statistical techniques and software to develop loss ratio models used to segment business and to enhance company rate plans.
- Develops predictive models and performs analysis to enhance senior management’s strategic and tactical decision making with respect to profit and growth goals; models should seek to identify and mathematically represent underlying relationships in the data which are not simply temporary anomalies.
- Employs data mining techniques to analyze the needs of our policyholders to more effectively obtain profitable, new business; retain profitable, existing accounts; and up-sell and cross-sell other products/services to existing business.
- Utilizes appropriate software programming tools to produce meaningful statistical reports relevant to ratemaking and reserving practices as well as underwriting and claim benchmarks.
- Works with external consultants to enhance expertise in the application of statistical theory and predictive modeling.
- Designs databases and secures appropriate data used to determine the existence and extent of variable relationships. Relies upon statistical inference theory to quantify the relative influence of explanatory variables upon relevant dependent variables.
- Manages research and special projects as assigned by the Actuarial Research and Systems Supervisor.
- Represents Property Casualty Operations as an expert in the field of predictive modeling and statistical inference.
- Education equivalent to graduation from college, (or the equivalent in related work experience). Skills required are those developed from college-level education in mathematics, statistics and data processing.
- Must have 3-7 years’ experience as a statistical analyst in a research environment.
- Continues education by pursuing various insurance designations.
- Significant exposure and practical experience in predictive model development.
- Possesses superior knowledge of fourth generation programming languages; experience with both mainframe and PC-based systems and languages.
- Knowledge of SAS or SPSS, as well as Microsoft Access and Excel. Works well independently to develop effective and creative solutions to problems.
- Must be proficient and professional in all written and oral communications with clients and other departments. Must demonstrate good negotiation, organization, good judgment, and research skills.
- Must be a self-starter and must be able to handle many assignments simultaneously, and follow through on all projects.
- Must have strong theoretical knowledge of statistics (i.e., t-test, analysis of variance, CHI-square, factor analysis, etc.) and be familiar with modeling techniques (i.e., multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, discriminant analysis, neural networks, logistic and linear regression, tree methods, etc.).
- Must understand the validation approaches necessary to confirm the predictive performance of statistical models. #LI-SK1
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Back to top