Predictive Modeling and Data Analytics Lead
This position will be assigned to work out of our home office in Bloomington, IL or our MiddleOak Office in Middletown, CT
At COUNTRY Financial, our Predictive Modeling and Data Analytics Lead in P/C Research and Analytics analyzes and develops models for property/casualty pricing, product development, and rating plans to achieve established growth, loss ratio, retention and expense goals across various business lines. Lead technical resource provides experience and direction in performing predictive modeling projects over a range of business lines to identify business problems and devise analytic solutions that contribute to enterprise success.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Directs and leads department decisions and actions with respect to the following:
- Serves as a resource for best practices/quality on functional teams or projects. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Trains, guides, and mentors other professionals or colleagues with less experience. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Maintains current market knowledge and awareness of key industry trends in pricing/product segmentation and predictive modeling through primary and secondary research and attendance at analytical and industry
- Researches, develops and helps implement innovative pricing models based upon sophisticated predictive modeling/multivariate analysis.
- Directs adoption of predictive modeling methods to study client retention and conversion of quotes to new business issued; uses results to influence rating, underwriting and sales decisions.
- Develops companywide rating plans and recommended rating factors, based upon predictive modeling and data mining techniques.
- Produces segmentation models for P/C loss costs or retention.
- Performs highly analytical ad hoc projects especially as they relate to actuarial segmentation (territory, credit, underwriting scoring, evaluation of 3rd party vendor data).
- Networks on project implementation with key contacts IT, underwriting, actuarial, external vendor, or others.
- Bachelor's degree with a strong emphasis on actuarial science, mathematics, finance or other quantitative field (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Eight years of Property/Casualty Insurance experience (or 6 years with an advanced degree), including five years in a pricing, product management or predictive analytics capacity (or the equivalent) and at least one year in a lead role.
- In-depth knowledge of Property/Casualty ratemaking theories, principles, and practices.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with various and diverse internal personnel and external contacts.
- Proficiency in multiple tools and techniques typically employed in predictive analytics (see supplement)
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, or econometrics, or data science.
- Experience working in SAS, R, EMBLEM.
- Experienced in multi-departmental projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage periods of high pressure and shifting priorities to develop rates, perform studies, make recommendations and implement projects on short notice
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top