Predictive Modeler/Data Analytics
At COUNTY Financial, our Predictive Modeler/Data Analytics position in P/C Research and Analytics analyzes and develops models for pricing, product development and analysis of rating plans to achieve established growth, loss ratio, retention and expense goals. Predictive modeling projects will range over various business lines and insurance functions to identify business problems and devise analytic solutions that contribute to enterprise success.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Produces Segmentation models for P/C loss ratio or retention:
- Maintains current market knowledge and awareness of key industry trends in pricing/product segmentation and predictive modeling.
- Researches, develops and helps implement innovative pricing models based upon sophisticated predictive modeling/multivariate analysis.
- Develops companywide rating plans and recommended rating factors, based upon predictive modeling and data mining techniques.
- Develops predictive models to support underwriting processes, such as when to order third party data reports or property inspections.
- Provides support and guidance as necessary for corporate strategic projects.
- Develops and maintains data standards and requirements for current and future research needs.
- Utilizes, combines, and analyzes large data sets using multiple tools and techniques.
- Performs highly analytical ad hoc projects especially as they relate to actuarial segmentation (territory, credit, underwriting scoring, evaluation of 3rd party vendor data).
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field of study and at least 2 years of statistical data modeling or related experience OR,
- Master's degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study or related field of study experience.
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with various and diverse internal personnel and external contacts
- Microsoft Excel, and Access knowledge.
- Ability to apply advanced analytical techniques and methodologies to solve practical business issues.
- Facility in working with large data sets using multiple tools and techniques to combine and analyze.
- Educational concentration (or Advanced degree) in quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, econometrics.
- Ability to balance time, resources and project scope to meet the needs of a project.
- Some knowledge of SAS, R, SQL and/or other programming language used in manipulating large data sets.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top