PL Line Product Manager
At COUNTRY Financial, our Line Product Manager is accountable for product premium volume growth and profitability results within assigned line(s) of business. Manages relationship of every aspect of assigned product through interaction with relevant departments, such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, Customer Service, and outside contracts (agents, regulators and industry groups). Develops action plans and strategic direction for functional areas and maintains alignment with product managers to ensure successful development of the entire product line. Ensures regulatory compliance by researching and maintaining awareness of existing state and federal statutes, as well as new legislation; includes state filings, licensing, consumer complaint resolution, assessments, etc. Provides guidance to regional product managers and actuarial analysts to further their professional development by serving as a consultant on matters related to product management.
- Drive the successful development of new products and the effective management and enhancement of existing products by making recommendations regarding product design, pricing, underwriting, agency management, distribution, claims and other processes.
- Ensures overall goals for production and underwriting profitability are met by analyzing premium rates, loss experience and retention.
- In conjunction with marketing, develops state or line(s) of business profit and growth strategies and translates business ideas and market opportunities into new product ideas by researching and maintaining awareness of all major competitors' current market positions (i.e., rates, service levels, financial positions and operating strategies), business directions, financial dynamics, and new technologies.
- Communicates and coordinates key profit metrics by coordinating with the IT department to ensure proper implementation of rate revisions, new products, new product features, and other initiatives; develops working relationships with Accounting, Actuarial, Claims, Customer Service and IT.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of product management or related experience OR,
- Master's degree and at least 6 years of product management or related experience OR,
- At least 10 years of product management or related experience.
- At least 1 year of lead experience.
- Experience with telematics and usage based insurance products and programs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to influence.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Business acumen.
- Results oriented.
- Product Knowledge (Pricing, Underwriting, Contract/Coverages).
- P&C personal lines product management experience preferred.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top