Personal Lines Underwriting Internship
As an underwriting intern in our Personal Lines Underwriting unit at COUNTRY Financial, you will:
- Review and analyze new business applications and policy changes using underwriting guidelines
- Partner with our agency field force to answer questions and solve problems via telephone and email
- Ensure adequate pricing of insurable risks by properly classifying the exposure, making changes where appropriate
- Must be able to work full-time hours from May to August 2018. The internship will be extended part-time into the fall semester; depending on the availability of the student, the needs of the company, and strong work performance. Therefore, must also be able to work part-time hours (15 hours per week) during the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters.
- Pursuing a degree in Insurance and Risk Management, Finance, Economics, Business or a related field
- Graduation date of May 2019 or beyond
- Demonstrates positive attitude and strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Exercises analytical and critical thinking skills
- Responds well under pressure and is capable of handling conflict situations
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top