Personal Lines Underwriting Internship
COUNTRY Financial is offering two Underwriting internships in the Personal Lines Underwriting division starting in summer 2017 in Bloomington, IL.
- This is a year-long, paid internship.
- To be eligible for an internship, candidates must be pursuing a college degree for the duration of the internship.
- This internship is full-time during the summer. Assuming strong work performance, the internship will be extended part-time throughout the fall 2017 and spring 2018 semesters.
- This internship will be located in Bloomington, IL. Eligible interns will have the option to utilize the COUNTRY housing assistance program (for the summer only) and receive a stipend for the rent expense paid by COUNTRY directly to the housing company.
- Under direct supervision, profitably underwrite new business, changes and account review for Personal Lines Business using underwriting guidelines and state insurance codes to recommend underwriting action
- Evaluate future loss potential of personal lines risks
- Promote partners in excellence and a positive relationship with our agency field force
- Communicate with financial representatives (i.e. insurance agents) and other departments concerning questions and problems via telephone and email
- Assist financial representatives in responding to questions about proposed coverage and rates
- Ensure adequate pricing of insurable risks by properly classifying the exposure and verify that characteristics are identified and applied, making changes where appropriate
- Participates in projects as opportunities arise
- Pursuing a degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Finance, Business or a related field
- Demonstrates the ability to make both objective and subjective decisions under pressure
- Exercises analytical and critical thinking skills in identifying and evaluating risk hazards and assess their impact on achieving profitable results
- Must be organized and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates aptitude for learning new procedures and memorizing manual rules
- Demonstrates positive attitude and strong customer service skills with pleasant telephone etiquette
- Responds well under pressure and capable of handling conflict situations
- Demonstrates proficiency with computer-based technology, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, preferably Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Back to top