News & Communications Internship
The Illinois Farm Bureau, parent company of COUNTRY Financial, is offering a 2017 summer internship in the News & Communications Division in Bloomington, IL.
- Assist broadcast staff with basic interviewing, news writing and editing.
- Help identify stories, conduct interviews, produce and post information to benefit Illinois farmers and other rural residents.
- Travel with and assist broadcast staff and other IFB News & Communications staff in news and information gathering.
- Assist Farm Information Web Editor with story writing, editing posting along with multimedia content to FarmWeekNow.com.
- Help utilize social media to enhance visibility and use of FarmWeekNow.com.
- Assist in carrying out multiplatform promotion plan and related activities for RFD Radio Network, FarmWeekNow.com and FarmWeek.
- Completion of at least sophomore level coursework in broadcast journalism or agricultural communications.
- Basic news writing, editing, interviewing skills.
- Knowledge and proficient in AP Style.
- Basic knowledge of Internet posting software and use of social media platforms, especially Twitter and HootSuite.
- Proficient using Adobe Audition editing software or similar audio editing software.
- Ability to work well with all people at all levels of organization including executive leadership.
- Experience in using audio mixer board helpful.
- This is a paid internship, available to current college students.
- This internship begins in May 2017, and ends in August 2017.
- This internship is located in Bloomington, IL.
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top