Membership & Program Internship
Illinois Farm Bureau (IFB) is offering an internship in our Member Services and Public Relations Division in Bloomington, IL. This internship will begin in May 2017 and extend to August 2017.
- Focus on promoting programs and future membership to youth and college students.
- Assist IFB Staff with the IFB booth and activities at the Illinois FFA Convention.
- Learns about national government and agricultural cooperatives by attending the summer Heritage & Cooperative Tour.
- Learns about organizational structure and secondary agriculture education programs by attending the Youth Education Committee meeting.
- Assist IFB Staff with Illinois Farm Bureau State Fair activities.
- Learns about agriculture issues and communication skills by attending a Young Leader District Discussion Meet.
- Gains media relations experience through an interview with RFD radio about the Membership & Program internship experience.
- Pursuing a degree in Agriculture, Communications, Education or a related field.
- Involvement in youth programs such as FFA, 4-H, or collegiate level organizations with genuine interest in learning about Illinois Farm Bureau is preferred.
- Ability to develop innovative programs and presentations that provide creative and effective approaches for promoting and engaging with youth audiences.
- Demonstrates responsibility and ability to manage multiple projects independently while also working in a team environment.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media is preferred.
- This is a paid internship, available to current college students.
- To be eligible for an internship, candidates must be pursuing a degree for the duration of the internship.
- This internship is for summer 2017.
This internship is located in Bloomington, IL. The candidate must live in or around the Bloomington/Normal, IL area.
Back to top