Material Damage Appraiser
Be part of the auto appraiser team for COUNTRY Financial in the northeast area of Minneapolis up to and including Duluth and Virginia. Our Material Damage Appraiser provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients by delivering superior claims service. This appraiser is responsible for inspecting, evaluating, negotiating, and settling assigned first and third party physical damage claims within prescribed authority level, as well as verifying facts and preparing photographic and written documentation of loss.
- Provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients by delivering superior claims service.
- Communicates with vehicle owners to promptly schedule physical inspections of damaged vehicle, when necessary.
- Completes physical inspections of damaged property, when necessary, evaluate damages, and prepare written estimates according to policy provisions, and provides documentation and explains estimates to vehicle owners and file of record.
- Communicates all information obtained to involved parties, negotiates and settles claims within prescribed authority.
- Completes proper assessment on total loss vehicles to provide accurate information to determine vehicle actual cash value.
- Promptly reinspects and resolves supplemental vehicles repairs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and specialty knowledge resource to others.
- Perform appraiser duties in other company locations when catastrophes occur, or as other business needs dictate on a temporary basis.
- Keeps abreast of developments in vehicle design and repair methods.
- Maintains professional working relationship with body shops and other vendors, particularly on repair and mechanical issues.
- Performs other related work as required or requested
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school (or the equivalent in related work experience)
- Maintains the appropriate adjuster's licensing as required by the states in which we do business.
- Vocation school training or otherwise a good knowledge of (or experience with) auto body repair, auto parts, repair techniques, and mechanical operations
- Knowledge of basic math and demonstrates good organizational skills, analytical ability, and detail orientation.
- Must possess good decision-making and well-developed persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication. Computer and data entry skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Audatex (or other claims estimating software).
- Must be proficient in writing material damage estimates and have the knowledge to determine total losses.
- Possess the ability to handle conflict effectively and constructively, with the ability to resolve complaints independently.
- Two or more years of experience as a Material Damage Appraiser (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Previous body shop experience with knowledge of large trucks and specialty vehicles.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task while interacting effectively with financial representatives, claimants, insureds,
internal staff members, and external contacts.
- Must be able to work independently in the field or as a member of a team.
- Work is conducted in the field within an assigned geographic territory. Must maintain a valid driver's license with the ability to drive an automobile.
- Must have the physical dexterity to walk, reach, climb, and crawl to inspect damage, sometimes in unfavorable working conditions or inclement weather. Ability to lift and transport laptop and associated equipment is required.
- Work may involve overtime or extend beyond normal business hours due to business need or in the case of emergency situations.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top