Manager, Property/Casualty Predictive Analytics
As Manager, Property/Casualty Predictive Analytics within the Product Management & Property/Casualty Actuary division at COUNTRY Financial, you will provide leadership and direction for property/casualty pricing, product development and analysis of rating plans to achieve established growth, loss ratio, retention and expense goals and manage predictive modeling projects over a range of business lines to identify business problems and devise analytic solutions that contribute to market share growth/profitability.
Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Directs and leads department decisions and actions with respect to the following:
- Oversees and develops a high level team of predictive modelers to develop, test, validate, and maintain robust predictive models.
- Maintains current market knowledge and awareness of key industry trends in pricing/product segmentation and predictive modeling.
- Researches, develops and helps implement innovative pricing models based upon sophisticated predictive modeling/multivariate analysis.
- Directs adoption of predictive modeling methods to study client retention and conversion of quotes to new business issued; uses results to influence rating, underwriting and sales decisions.
- Develops companywide rating plans and recommended rating factors, based upon predictive modeling and data mining techniques
- Develops predictive models to support underwriting processes, such as when to order third party data reports or property inspections.
- Provides support and guidance as necessary for corporate strategic projects.
- Directs preparation of or provides support for expense analyses.
- Develops and maintains data standards and requirements for current and future research needs.
- Manages department with a focus on employee/career development by coaching, training and developing a knowledgeable and professional staff. Provides technical guidance and expertise to staff with respect to predictive modeling efforts and implementation of more sophisticated rating plans.
- Collaborates with product development, underwriting, sales, and development teams.
- Stays current on predictive analytics trends and their application for rating and underwriting and provides ongoing insight and guidance on how to apply those trends to achieve our goals.
- Performs special projects and other related work as required or requested.
- Bachelor's degree with a strong emphasis on actuarial science, mathematics, finance or other quantitative field (or equivalent in related work experience).
- Ten years Property/Casualty Insurance experience, including five years in a pricing, product management or predictive analytics capacity (or the equivalent) and four years management experience.
- Experience leading concept development and testing of pricing/products within a Property/Casualty insurance company.
- Proven success in successful implementation of predictive modeling concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of Property/Casualty ratemaking theories, principles, and practices.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with various and diverse internal personnel and external contacts.
- Effectiveness in working through conflict and ambiguity to meet the needs of business partners and customers.
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills with the ability to define value, service and efficiency.
- FCAS or Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, or econometrics.
- Ten or more managerial years with a proven success in leading development and implementation of sophisticated pricing models.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team faced with periods of high pressure and shifting priorities to develop rates, perform studies, make recommendations and implement projects on short notice.
- Experienced in project management of multi-departmental projects.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
- Travel as required for agency visits, field studies, CAS committees, continuing education and rate hearings.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top