Manager, Model Risk Management
As the Manager of Model Risk Management within Corporate Risk at COUNTRY Financial, you will implement an enterprise-wide model governance framework. You will be responsible for assembling an inventory of models used in the Company and then risk assessing models. This area will be responsible for validating key models and will collaborate with business units to ensure models are properly documented, controlled and maintained.
- Develop and maintain Model Validation and Model Risk Management (MRM) policies for the Enterprise.
- Formalize standards for model risk governance.
- Implement Model Risk policies and procedures.
- Develop a model inventory protocol ; model inventory design and maintenance.
- Utilize a rationalized scale (e.g. Critical-High-Medium-Low) to conduct Model Risk Assessment with supporting document for the basis of prioritization.
- Execute sound practices with respect to model validation and document appropriately for review and approval.
- Plan, design, and execute risk management initiatives that support the business.
- Implement and standardize MRM reporting using communication and orientation with different stakeholders.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of modeling, project management or other related experience OR,
- Master's degree and at least 6 years of modeling, project management or other related experience OR,
- At least 10 years of modeling, project management or other related experience.
- 2 years of management experience.
- Strong critical and creative thinking skills with ability to synthesize data.
- Have an understanding of common understanding of models and model risk management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in risk, finance, and regulatory.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to deliver high complex processes.
- In-depth knowledge of complex models and modeling best practices
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top