Legislative Affairs Internship
Illinois Farm Bureau is offering an internship in our Governmental Affairs & Commodities department in Bloomington, IL. This internship will begin in January 2017 and extend to May 2017.
- Research on individual legislative proposals or general issues.
- Assist in maintaining legislative positions and tracking of legislation impacting the membership of the organization.
- Draft correspondence to legislators, constitutional officers, and state agencies on key legislative issues.
- Prepare summary issue papers on key legislative issues for distribution to Illinois Farm Bureau members and general publication through electronic means.
- Research and development of political activities for members.
- Observation of State Legislative Affairs team members will be offered in Springfield, IL, subject to travel availability.
- Assist in the coordination of the organization’s legislative day activities.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Pre-Law, Ag Communications, Ag Economics or a related field.
- Exceptional written, analytical and research skills.
- Must be self-motivated, but also have the ability to work with various people on the tasks assigned.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Education or background in agriculture or food industry is not required but is preferred.
- Understanding of state and national politics.
- This is a paid internship, available to current college students.
- To be eligible for an internship, candidates must be pursuing a degree for the duration of the internship.
- This internship is for Spring 2017 semester.
Back to top