At COUNTRY Financial, our Leasing Specialist completes needed analysis in support of real estate transactions and decision-making efforts. Actively participates in the selection, evaluation, acquisition, occupation, management and/or disposition of real property and office/manufacturing space in compliance with company policy. Manages compliance with lease agreements and contracts; may participate in negotiation efforts. Completes financial analyses to evaluate and recommend lease vs. purchase decisions. Completes any required forecasts, budget analyses and reports of activities.
- Reviews lease covenants and conditions, and negotiates terms with Landlords and/or Landlord representatives; includes items such as rent rates, free rent, common areas included, tenant improvement contributions, maintenance cost responsibilities, signage, and etc.
- Consults with strategic marketing on client and household data to make sure corporate resources for offices are being properly allocated; includes assisting Agency on opportunities for office growth or reduction of offices.
- Acts as liaison between corporate tenants and landlords regarding lease administration issues, such as triple net expense reconciliation, repair costs, repair approvals, and scheduled premises maintenance; collects outstanding payments and reimbursements such as security deposits, tenant improvement contributions, and items of that nature.
- Acts as liaison between Field Management, Agency Support and Corporate Controllers area regarding expense questions; ensures proper allocations of costs. Includes assisting with corporate subleasing by coordinating facilities costs process with controllers for assistant related costs and overseeing data input of Financial Representative occupancy information within Field Office Leasing databases and other accounting systems that generate sublease recovery amounts.
- Works closely with Field Office management, and Facility Planning to obtain, review, and negotiate office construction estimates; oversees office standards in regards to size and material quality; assists in construction oversight, reviews and approves pay requests.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate and business need.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in facilities management, leasing, working with contracts or construction OR, Master’s degree and no experience OR, at least 4 years of experience in facilities management, leasing, working with contracts or construction.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top