IT Storage Engineer
This position will be assigned to work out of our southern office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta) or our central office in the Minneapolis, MN area (Arden Hills) .
At COUNTRY Financial, our IE Platform Services area is looking for an IT Storage Engineer that has a strong level of expertise in storage technology such as SAN, storage hardware and software, storage architecture and design, NAS, and storage replication, tiered data storage and provisioning and virtualization, and performance tuning. Excels in at least two of four of the following skill areas: technology leadership, vision, and storage infrastructure support. Should be comfortable providing expertise in all aspects of enterprise storage infrastructure including hardware, software, and connectivity.
Our IT Engineers ensures the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology lifecycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
- Design, build, implement, and support COUNTRY’s IT solutions.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for COUNTRY.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in information technology or related experience OR,
- Master’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in information technology or related experience OR,
- At least 7 years of experience in information technology or related experience.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of IT Storage and its relationship to data processing & is a strong technical documenter. Particularly for the following Storage vendors:
- EMC Storage Solutions
- Hitachi Storage Solutions
- IBM Tivoli TSM backup services
- CISCO and Brocade SAN Engineering
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. #LI-SK1
Back to top