IT Engineer – Windows/VMWare
At COUNTRY Financial, our IT Engineer – Windows/VMWare ensures the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology lifecycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
This position will be assigned to work out of our southern office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta) or our central office in the Minneapolis, MN area (Arden Hills).
- Design, build, implement, and support COUNTRY’s IT solutions.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for COUNTRY.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in information technology or related experience OR, Master’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in information technology or related experience OR, At least 7 years of experience in information technology or related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Server Operating System Administration (Server 2008 and 2012)
- VMware Administration, Architecture and Design for version 5.x and above
- Strong understanding of Storage Area Network (SAN) concepts and technologies
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, PowerShell, and Systems Center
- Experience with enterprise backup systems
- Familiarity with enterprise Disaster Recovery technologies and solutions
- OS Tier 3 support, plus:
- Experienced in OS patching
- OS Scripting experience
- Server building/deployment
- Knowledge in Bladelogic or SCCM software
- Database familiarity for supporting SQL DBA team
- Cloud Exp (Azure and AWS) IaaS & PaaS
- Industry certifications (MSCE/MCITP, VCP, CCNA, etc.)
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. #LI-SK1
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top