IT Engineer Specialist - Desktop Solutions
At COUNTRY Financial, our IT Engineer Specialist – Desktop Solutions is responsible for the end user experience of interacting with COUNTRY Financial’s Information Systems through managed endpoints. These endpoints could be workstations, laptops, virtual machines, thin clients, and other form factors. All of this would be done leveraging enterprise technologies such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) among others.
Our Engineers ensure the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology lifecycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
- Design, build, implement, and support COUNTRY’s IT solutions.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for COUNTRY.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 12 years of experience in information technology or related experience and 2 years lead experience OR,
- Master’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in information technology or related experience and 2 years lead experience OR,
- At least 14 years of experience in information technology or related experience and 2 years lead experience.
- A very strong knowledge of desktop systems and best-practices are required.
- 5 years experience managing desktop automation and application deployment technologies in an enterprise environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Server technologies, Active Directory, Group Policy, and virtual technologies are required.
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills are required.
- 3-5 years experience managing desktop related hardware.
- Must have strong scripting skills in industry standard tools (i.e. PowerShell, WinBatch, VBScript, etc.).
- Certifications in desktop and server related technologies highly desired.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.#LI-SK1
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Back to top