HR Corporate Recruiter
As a Corporate Recruiter in Human Resources you will support and assist leaders across Illinois Farm Bureau and COUNTRY Financial in identifying and recommending qualified candidates to fill position vacancies. You will work on a team who have responsibilities to source, screen and interview prospective employees of the organizations and will be responsible for developing talent networks and representing the organizations in a manner that attracts and engages prospective applicants.
- Communicates with applicants to relay information regarding the company and associated employment opportunities. Conveys information in a manner that encourages highly-qualified and diverse candidates to pursue opportunities within the family of companies.
- Ability to source and screen applicants who meet the qualifications of open positions. Conducts telephone and in-person interviews with candidates and refers those most qualified to leadership for further consideration. Communicates with non-selected applicants to release them from further consideration.
- Communicates regularly with all levels of leadership regarding their workforce objectives and recruiting needs. Advocates effective hiring practices to contribute to maximize the diversity of the companies’ workforce.
- Utilizes social media, online recruiting resources, and in-house system(s) to source and recruit quality applicants potentially suitable for company positions.
- Develops a wide variety of networks and effectively fosters those relationships to build a viable pipeline of qualified candidates to meet our short- and long-term business needs.
- Advises leadership on guidelines when communicating with applicants, including extending job offers. Prepares, sends and tracks correspondence and job offers to candidates.
- Communicates with external sources when necessary including external recruiters, relocation vendors, temporary placement agencies, background check vendors, etc.
- Counsels employees and leadership in the interpretation and application of Corporate Human Resources programs and policies related to the employment function. Coordinates the referral of other issues as needed.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in a recruiting role or equivalent in related work experience.
- Understanding of Talent Acquisition processes and challenges with experience in the talent selection process.
- Sound knowledge of recruiting best practices and employment laws that impact the recruiting function.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to convey information effectively and persuasively.
- Ability to manage diverse and fluctuating workloads which can include working outside of traditional hours.
- Success building and maintaining relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of internal and external contacts, including leadership.
- Must have strong organizational, prioritization, and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Agriculture, Information Technology and/or Business Analytics disciplines.
- Experience with recruiting systems such as Avature, Taleo and LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Proven success in building and maintaining talent pools and candidate pipelines to meet company objectives.
- Proven ability to be persuasive and influential with leadership.
- Ability to drive change and execute ideas with hiring managers and leaders.
- Ability to train and mentor others within the department and family of companies.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top