Financial Services Projects & Support Business Analyst
At COUNTRY Financial, our Financial Services Projects & Support Business Analyst provides business analysis, testing, and application support for one or more Financial Services (FS) applications and related business processes. Conducts the necessary testing, problem resolution, system configuration, and maintenance associated with FS applications. May lead small projects. May serve as liaison between business area and ITS and/or outside vendors.
- For assigned analyst tasks, develops and maintains process and/or analysis documentation. Analyzes and makes suggestions for improving methods, procedures, applications and workflow. Determines system impacts and develops requirements.
- For assigned application support tasks, configures and maintains application changes and enhancements in accordance with user specifications and business requirements. Troubleshoots and resolves application related and operational issues for users. Serves as a knowledge resource for application(s) and answers technical questions. Creates and maintains applicable application documentation. As needed, may resolve more complex issues under the guidance of senior staff, ITS, or external resources.
- For assigned testing tasks, develops test strategy, test cases, and test plans for testing software (vendor packaged as well as COUNTRY developed) based on system requirements. Writes test cases (acceptance, usability, regression). Develops test data and executes test plans. May train and/or assist others in the writing and execution of test cases. Analyzes issues found during testing and assists in the documentation and troubleshooting of issues. May lead small to medium size testing efforts.
- For assigned reporting tasks, creates, tests, and implements standard and non-standard systems tools for new, existing, or ad-hoc reports and/or requests. Reviews (and may author) global controls related to automated processing of reporting. Develops standardized reporting and processing solutions to support business operations or users with unique needs.
- For assigned project tasks, develops and maintains project schedule using information provided from the team leaders and the project leader. Identifies issues with the schedule and areas of concern due to dependency conflicts or resource constraints. Monitors project status and makes necessary adjustments. Develops project status reports and maintains issues and risks lists. Facilitates discussion of risks and issues and coordinates issue resolution.
- May plan and conduct individual or small user group training to introduce new components of systems and associated procedures to FS users. Designs user tools, reference guides, and other such information to be used in training.
- Education equivalent to a college degree or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Two or more years project/business experience.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of project management and information technology concepts.
- Strong background of the business, business applications, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to perform duties in an organized, logical, and analytical manner.
- Demonstrates ability to use problem solving and business analysis techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good prioritization, multi-tasking skills, and a highly-developed detail orientation.
- Demonstrates intermediate personal computer skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office products (or their equivalents).
- Previous experience in a business analysis/information technology role supporting financial systems with business operations exposure is preferred.
- Project management experience.
- Previous experience within the IAA family of companies.
- Previous experience with financial scripting tools, Microsoft Query, Access, Web Focus, and Crystal Reports is highly desirable.
- Prior knowledge of applications supported in the Financial Services Projects and Support area.
- A good working knowledge of data reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of analysis and test tools.
- Knowledge of financial service operations.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with and influence others to reach consensus on process improvement changes.
- Some occasional overtime, including periodic overnight travel.
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top