COUNTRY Financial®: Financial Representative
Some people say “nobody grows up wanting to be an insurance salesperson.” And maybe there’s some truth to that statement (you don’t see many insurance salesmen or saleswomen Halloween costumes these days… or ever).
Although the majority of our Financial Representatives did not grow up yearning to be in the insurance and financial services industry, we do know they all share one common dream – the dream of working for themselves, but not by themselves. The dream of running their own small business, making a difference in the lives of others, and having the opportunity to earn a good income along the way.
If you share this dream, you’ve come to the right place. At COUNTRY Financial you have the ability to own your career and make an impact every day.
- You are one part analytical, one part creative, and one part compassionate.
- You are focused and strategic as well as trustworthy and loyal.
- Relationship building and networking skills come second nature to you.
- You are driven and committed to achieving your goals; knowing you control your income.
- You are adaptable and persuasive.
- Community involvement and helping others is one of your true passions.
A Day in the Life:
As a COUNTRY Financial Representative, no two days are alike, but there are several day-to-day activities required to ensure success. As a financial representative you will:
- Sell COUNTRY products to our customers and help them grow their own way financially.
- Connect and build rapport with new and existing customers to uncover their individual needs while building a book of business.
- Provide outstanding support to all customers.
- Create and execute exceptional marketing campaigns with the company’s support to attract new business.
- Meet productivity expectations and the service needs of our customers, while achieving a work/life balance.
What We Do for You:
At COUNTRY Financial we offer you the opportunity to grow and the support to succeed. The support level will change once you transition to owning your business; however, we will still be with you every step of the way. We provide financial representatives:
- An office and equipment needed to be successful.
- A competitive salary with the opportunity to earn commissions and bonuses.
- Health, Dental, Group Life, Long Term Disability- We have you covered!
- Comprehensive training to help you feel more comfortable with our products and services before you begin meeting with customers.
- Marketing assistance so you have the freshest looking campaigns and swag around!
- Ongoing professional Development training and assistance – you have the opportunity to never stop learning.
Note: The items listed are not guaranteed for the length of your employment and are subject to be changed at any time.
What You Will Need:
- Property/Casualty State Insurance License*
- Life/Health State Insurance License*
- A valid driver’s license
- NOTE: Insurance licenses are not required to apply, but your ability to obtain the licenses is required when a hiring decision is made.
What We Require:
- Strong track record of professional success, ideally in external sales.
- A strong natural market and presence in the local community.
- A fearless attitude around prospecting new customers and cold calling.
- A desire to succeed and build a network of clients.
In 1925 a group of farmers in Illinois decided to start an insurance company. We have come a long way since then but we still strongly value our agricultural roots over ninety years later!
- In 2015, A.M. Best reaffirmed the coveted A rating to the COUNTRY property/casualty companies and COUNTRY branded life/health companies, indicating superior financial strength and the ability to meet ongoing insurance policy and contract obligations (2nd highest of 15 rating categories). For the latest ratings, access www.ambest.com.
- We’re really good at what we do basically (see above!)
- We offer a wide variety of insurance policies as well as financial products and services.
- We focus on diversity and inclusion because we know this leads to better collaboration, greater innovation, confidence, and higher productivity.
- We value trust, the relationships we have with our customers, the environment, and –most importantly-each other.
- At COUNTRY you won’t be thought of as just another number, but rather an essential part of our family.
Do you want to learn more? Check out this video about being a COUNTRY Financial Representative! Do you think the position is great but not for you? Refer a friend!
Contact a Recruiter: 877-879-2490
COUNTRY Financial® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment and support a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment.
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top