Director, ITS Application Portfolio & Development
At COUNTRY Financial, our Director, Information Technology Services Application Portfolio and Development directs the planning, oversight, and development of a portfolio of application capabilities supporting COUNTRY Financial. Also, serves as the single point of navigation into IT Services for specific business partners to ensure that total technology needs, costs, and “performance” are addressed. The ideal candidate will have IT portfolio management experience in marketing, life/health, and/or business intelligence.
Note: This position could be filled in Alpharetta, GA; Arden Hills, MN or Bloomington, IL
- Directs selection, development and maintenance of business applications to serve business needs of operating companies, in addition to related needs of the agency force for Alliance companies and support for non-alliance independent agents.
- Manages selection of vendor software packages to fulfill business requirements.
- Provides significant input into selection of and priorities for corporate methodologies, tools, and guidelines to improve efficiency and quality of development/maintenance processes.
- Works closely with business unit management to establish priorities and plans to ensure their critical needs are met over both the short and long term.
- Works to ensure technology has a significant business impact, is prioritized correctly, plays a significant role in establishing business strategy, and is cost effective for alliance companies represented. Presents ideas and options for how technology and business applications can benefit the organization.
- Provides input into development of long-term portfolio plans to guide future system development.
- Prepares information systems’ annual budgets based on IT Services and business partner priorities.
- Directs research and monitors trends for application development processes/methodologies, architectures, and platforms. Controls development and installation processes to ensure high quality implementations which meet business expectations.
- Maintains awareness of trends in the insurance industry for information services and business systems. Ensures direct colleagues are aware of these trends.
- Oversees selection, training, and development of ITS Application Portfolio & Development staff.
- Participates as part of the IT Services senior leadership team to effectively lead ITS in the proactive and effective planning, delivery, and maintenance of corporate technology needs.
- Formulates and recommends short and long-term division objectives relating to business application development through continuing analysis of policies, procedures, changing products, equipment, costs, and company needs.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action, control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Education equivalent to graduation from college (or the equivalent in related work experience)
- IT portfolio management experience in Marketing, Life/Health or Business Intelligence lines of business
- Prior experience in the insurance industry, management experience, or working with deep technology experience.
- Past success in:
- Setting forth clear performance expectations and carrying out consequences for results and behaviors
- Coaching management in developing their employees for performance effectiveness
- Developing and implementing cost effective solutions
- Has broad knowledge of development methodologies and techniques.
- Has a broad knowledge of management theory and ability to manage technical personnel.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of technology topics with an emphasis on topics relevant to the insurance industry and “customer”.
- Demonstrates the business and financial acumen necessary to develop and present data-based ideas and solutions in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to strategically develop and lead division operations in alignment with company goals and customer needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute to the development of sustainable business practices that support objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with effectiveness in resolving conflict to meet the business needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to make presentations and influence effectively.
- Excellent strategic planning, critical thinking, problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership and business judgment to make decisions in the best interest of the company and its customers.
- Effective delegation skills to maximize employee engagement and effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to build empowering and engaging work units that leverage the talents of diverse individuals.
- Demonstrates sophisticated management skills in directing division activities.
- Possesses ability to integrate corporate goals and objectives with those of individual companies and regions.
- Able to apply combination of extensive knowledge of insurance as well as data processing capabilities in directing division activities.
- Possesses ability to analyze problems and persuade users of acceptable solutions.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Back to top