County Farm Bureau Manager Trainee - Start Date: May 2017
County Farm Bureau Manager Trainees work hands-on with County Managers across the state of Illinois and staff at our home office in Bloomington, IL. After successfully completing training, the trainees will interview with a county’s Board of Directors for a County Manager position in a county anywhere in the state of Illinois.
To assist County Farm Bureau members, boards and committees, Trainees receive specialized education and training in membership, legal responsibilities, Agricultural policy and promotion, office management and administration, and financial management. Additionally, Trainees will create and organize various programs and projects while training in the counties.
- Understanding of Agricultural industry and issues
- Exceptional leadership abilities and experience
- Solid written and verbal communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently
- Must be willing to relocate anywhere within the state of Illinois
- Valid driver’s license
The following qualifications are preferred:
- A Bachelor’s degree with an Agriculture emphasis or the equivalent in Ag-related work experience
- Possesses strong computer skills and an understanding of technology
- Previous experience with:
- volunteer organizations
- planning, coordinating and leading meetings
- developing and working with a budget
This position will start in May 2017. To apply for the trainee class that will start in January 2017, please click here.
Back to top