COUNTRY Financial Insurance Sales Internship – Athens, GA
What it is?
This isn’t your average college internship. At COUNTRY Financial, you will have the opportunity to learn about the insurance and financial services industry by doing real work with professional sales representatives while making a difference in the community.
How it Works?
This is a year-long internship from Summer 2017-May or June 2018. You will work full time throughout the summer and part time throughout the school year at one of our local offices. You will be required to complete your licensing within 45 days of starting. After that, you will work side by side with our financial representatives and insurance agents to learn about the insurance side of the industry and the COUNTRY Financial agent career by doing some of the job aspects yourself. At the end of your internship you will leave with knowledge about the industry, real world experience, some money in your pocket, and possibly a full time job offer upon graduation.
Overview of Internship
We pride ourselves on our customer service and our ability to help our customers achieve their vision of financial security no matter where they are starting. As an intern you will develop those service and support skills essential to success in a sales career. You will have three primary functions: Customer facing support/ sales, social media/ marketing, and office support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must obtain Property / Casualty and Life / Health Insurance state licenses within 45 days of your start date.
2. Help managers and financial reps market to new and existing customers while leveraging social media.
3. Handle various customer facing situations face to face and on the phone.
4. Update general information on existing client policies and complete ongoing service requests.
5. Schedule client/prospect appointments by attending agency call nights.
6. Assist in appointment preparation by compiling New Client Kits prior to agent appointments.
7. Attend networking and community events with agents(s) and/or Agency Manager.
8. Complete other activities requested by the Agency Manager and/or agent(s).
1. Currently enrolled at a 4 year College or University.
2. Able to obtain state Property / Casualty and Life / Health state licenses within 45 days of the start of the internship.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills (i.e. presentation and listening).
4. Computer proficient in Windows-based programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point (or their equivalents).
1. A student pursuing a degree in business, marketing, insurance, finance, management, entrepreneurship, liberal arts or equivalent with the intent to graduate in May/June of 2018.
2. Experienced in marketing or sales through schooling and/or personal experience.
3. Driven, compassionate, motivated, responsible, enthusiastic, personable, analytic, creative, and positive, amongst all the other great qualities you possess!
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top