Consumer Loan Internship - IAA Credit Union
At IAA Credit Union, the Consumer Loan Department assists members with all their credit needs. This includes, but is not limited to, answering questions about loan products, performing application interviews, underwriting loans, approving or declining loans, providing financial coaching, facilitating the opening of new deposit accounts, offering additional member protection products, and ensuring the members experience is the best in market. The Consumer Loan Intern will be an integral member of our consumer loan team making us even more effective in all our ongoing efforts.
- Learn and become fluent in using the consumer loan department’s various loan systems.
- Provide loan closing and post-closing support.
- Interact with members over the phone.
- Review new memberships to uncover potential loan leads.
- Provide other administrative duties as assigned to support the consumer loan officers.
- Support the credit union, consumer loan department, and loan officers in exceeding their loan production goals.
- Support senior consumer loan officers and consumer loan officers in creating a more efficient loan process.
- Work as a liaison between loan officers, other CU employees, and members, improving upon the speed in which members’ questions are answered, problems are solved, and loans are closed.
- Able to problem solve on their own
- Team goal oriented
- Concerned with details and organization
- Strong time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- This is a paid internship, available only to current college students
- To be eligible for an internship, candidates must be pursuing a degree for the duration of the internship
- This internship is for the spring semester 2017, with the potential to extend into the summer semester 2017 at 20-38.75hours/week.
Back to top